34 Packard 8 ignition condensers

HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!

Does anyone know where I might get a pair of ignition condensers for the dual point Northeast distributer in my 34 Packard 1101 standard 8?? These are the ones that fit down in a hole in the distributer plate and have a screw head contact on the end instead of a wire pigtail. The original Northeast # is 1848826 which is a .20-.25 Mfd condenser. I have been told that a Standard NE 57 condenser will substitute but don't know whether that is true or not.

I need these condensers yesterday, and would greatly appreciate any and all assistance from you guys out in Packardland to locate a pair of them.

Thanks, Wiley

Yesteryear Antique Auto Parts, located in Port Charlotte, Florida and owned by David Saltow has everything electric you need for a 1934 Packard. His telephone number is 941-743-7784. His website is www.car-nection.com. David has been my source for my 1934 Packard Super Eight, 1933 Packard Twelve and 1932 Cadillac. He's a one man operation and has neer disappointed me. Tell him Ed Miller in Naples, Florida says hello.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a guy in the CCCA who has manufactured a new point-plate to go inside your Northeast distributor that adapts it (the distributor) to commonly available points & condensors (for a later car)that can be purchased at your local NAPA all day for less than $10/set. The plate is about $125, but the benefits are quite clear as good usable Northeast point sets are costing more than that. Look in old CCCA publications to see his ad.