Window regulaters

Guest Bob R

Guest imported_Bob R

I bought out the old stock from a early junk yard 16 or 20 years ago. most of the parts were taken off cars from the 1930s. I have over 20 boxes of window regulater that I do not know what they fit. someone needs some of them. does anyone have a book or any info on how to tell what cars they fit? I am cleaning out and do not want to see these go to the junk yard to be lost forever. thank you for any help. Bob in ILL.

One easy thing would simply be to advertise the fact you have them, and to ask folks to send you a sketch of what they need (along with a stamped addressed envelope) with the dimensions between certain key points. Then keep your regulators in some storage place where you can easily get to them and measure them. You would probably do well to advertise in Hemmings Motor News because you'll reach the most number of old car owners for your buck, there.

Another idea would be to start a website, photgraph each regulator (against a white background and with a tape measure next to it, to aid in identifying length) and display it (with a code number that you invent, so you'll know which one your customers are talking about). You could advertise the URL of the website in Hemmings; just tell folks to tune in the website, and identify the part. Set a price for each (say, $10 or 20, since you have no idea what they're worth).

I'm surprised the junkyard owner never marked the regulators! I wonder how he himself expected to I.D. them? Have you examined each one carefully to see if there's anything written on them in pencil, perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Bob R

Thanks for your reply. I will put these on hold till I find more time to work with them. unless someone whats a great buy on the lot.They are sorted by Ford and non Ford. Bob R