Jump to content

- - - - -

Temp. sending unit

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Putnam_Ct



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

I have a 31 DG8 Coupe.
The temp sending unit was dissasembled by the previous owner. The tube is twisted off and the actual unit that mounts in the head is missing. Does anyone know where I can go to get this repaired? The rest of the unit seems ok, just old.
Any advice would be apppreciated.

#2 1929Chrysler


    Senior Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:23 AM

Hi Pete,

I think if anybody can help you it would be The John Wolf & Co. They Restore Auto and aircraft gauges, fuel sending units, vacuum fuel pumps and a variety of other services. I personally toured their facility and was very impressed. There is no doubt if they can't help you they will point you in the right direction.

John Wolf & Co.
36420 Biltmore Place Unit 1
Willoughby, Ohio 44094

e-mail johnwolfco@aol.com

www.tempman.qpg.com or:

Please let me know if they are able to help!

Thank You
Dan Pajestka
1929 Chrysler model 65

#3 DodgeSavesUMoney



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:17 AM

Hi Pete,

If you're interested in trying the repair yourself, the website Plymouth: The First Decade by Tod Fitch has the steps needed to do it. The temp gauge repair page is http://www.ply33.com/Repair/tempgauge
Regards, Lee
1936 Dodge D2 - The Four Door Touring Sedan by Dodge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users