FRANKLIN photos

64 posts in this topic

From rags to riches a 32 is on its way

32 as bought.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1495.JPG

3 people like this

odat,

That is going to be one beautiful car. What color is the body? It looks like a medium-dark blue.

Its a deep George Washington blue. Over a dark blue

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 1/24/2017 at 8:00 PM, alsancle said:

Love it.  Is that wheelbase longer than standard?

Standard wheelbase - I believe roughly 132" - just well proportioned and 32 is a dynamite year for styling. 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

Here's my '29 Victoria Brougham shortly after I pulled it out of a garage on Long Island in 1974. This was my first restoration project. I sold it a few years later before the fenders were painted. I've had a soft spot for Franklins ever since. Anyone know where this great Franklin is now?   

VIN # 35- 192554 L21.

scan0003.jpg

scan0001.jpg

1929 Franklin  2.jpg

According to the Franklin Register the last known owner was a K Carson in New York state. They are not a member of the Franklin Club now.

Roger

1 hour ago, myold88 said:

Here's my '29 Victoria Brougham shortly after I pulled it out of a garage on Long Island in 1974. This was my first restoration project. I sold it a few years later before the fenders were painted. I've had a soft spot for Franklins ever since. Anyone know where this great Franklin is now?   

VIN # 35- 192554 L21.

scan0003.jpg

scan0001.jpg

1929 Franklin  2.jpg

I have a friend that will run the VIN # for me and search New York current registration's . Maybe its still in NY and on the road.

4 hours ago, theKiwi said:

According to the Franklin Register the last known owner was a K Carson in New York state. They are not a member of the Franklin Club now.

Roger

K. Carson is me. I restored the car. I asked the HH Franklin Club several years ago if the current owner was known, and they said I was still listed as the owner. I guess things move slowly at the HH Franklin Club.    mikewest: I appreciate you looking into this for me. Thanks- Just curious and I do have some original photos and items I could forward to the owner.

2 hours ago, myold88 said:

K. Carson is me. I restored the car. I asked the HH Franklin Club several years ago if the current owner was known, and they said I was still listed as the owner. I guess things move slowly at the HH Franklin Club.    mikewest: I appreciate you looking into this for me. Thanks- Just curious and I do have some original photos and items I could forward to the owner.

So that means that whoever brought the car and whoever is the current owner (they may or may not be the same person) have not been/are not members of the Franklin Club.

Roger

1 hour ago, theKiwi said:

So that means that whoever brought the car and whoever is the current owner (they may or may not be the same person) have not been/are not members of the Franklin Club.

Roger

Correct. The car was never listed again in 40+ years with the Franklin Club. I lived on Long Island when I sold it and never kept the buyers name. Thanks for your help. I have always wondered what became of my first restoration. 

21 hours ago, theKiwi said:

Roger

Incorrect!

The car can be listed in the register whether its owner is a member of The H.H. Franklin Club or not and we encourage anyone who even KNOWS about a Franklin to contact the Club (via its website) to update the register.  We need to know the chassis number or the engine number as a minimum. Personal information is not listed for owners who are not club members. That said, we would like to see all owners join the club.

2 people like this