1929 Stutz Transitone radio

Guest Retro

Guest Retro

I've got an old Transitone in for restoration. This one was made by Automobile Radio Corportation in 1929 which was before Philco got involved. The radio is a 6 tube unit, has 2 tuning dials,is battery operated and was installed in a 1929 Stutz Bearcat. I need help in obtaining a schematic for this thing to get off first base. Stamped on the sheet metal case is N26. The May 4, 1929 issue of "Automobile Topics" is supposed to have an article on the set. ANY information would be of great help with this monster. Thanks for your help.

I have one of these installed in a car. I'll check tonight to see if it's the same "N26" number you have. I don't have any scematics though. I think there's a guy on e bay under the username "studiocitycowboy" who sells radio schematics. You may want to try him. By the way, there was no Bearcat model for Stutz in 1929, it reappeared in 1931 as the DV-32 boattail model.

Guest Retro

Thanks for the update and sorry for the model error. Just relaying what the restoration company told me. Haven't a clue what the car looks like, but it has to be special as most of these old classics are.