What WAS this????

tav00

I think this is a custom car, however I am trying to figure out what it started out life as. I am leaning toward a 46ish Nash. Does anyone have any ideas?

I am sorry I only have this one picture. If anyone has any information on this car I would also like to know about it.

Thanks. 358266-unknown.jpg

post-41059-143137885609_thumb.jpg

Guest Silverghost

Guys...Guys...The Headlights give it away!!!

By the headlghts it looks like the VERY LAST Pierce~Arrow Show-car Prototype...

It was called "The Flaming Arrow" roadster

Built just after the famous "Silver Arrows"

Now IF ONLY they had put this car into production Pierce~Arrow might still be in business!!!

I bet Craig at Barrett-Jackson wants this one for next years Big Scottsdale Auction...

I can see this one bringing $4-5 Million!!!

You could be "The Only Kid On Your Block To Own One"!!!

By the way...WHERE IS the Hood???

Guest Silverghost

It could also be the famous "Johnny Cash" car that he once sang about...

"I got it one piece at a time...and it didn't cost me a dime...."

Guest imported_bjr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks like a Popular Mechanics cover car from the early 1950's, lots of back yard projects were featured back then. </div></div>

I believe I saw this car in one of those poorly printed little car books (smaller then 8.5 x 11) from the late 50's or early 60's. From what I remember the article stated that the car was built in Mexico and had lots of lead in the fenders. The artical stated that the rear fenders were from 2 different makes of cars and made to look the same. I don't remember what engine was in the car. Brian

Guest Silverghost

Steve: I was talking about MYSELF!!! I have had several auctions in the past!!! Never did I charge a "Buyers Premium" nor did I charge $350 for a bidders pass...In fact to register or attend was FREE!!!

BUT...That's JUST ME!!!

I know the B-J Guys are trying to suck as much money out of this "AUCTION" as they can get away with!!!

As long as the people attending let them do so...

They will keep raising the prices and fees!!!

This is why I am thinking of starting an Antique & Classic & Collector Car Auction here in the East!!!

My TERMS would be far better for Buyer & Seller than theirs!!! I would like to have a "Fun Event" that everyone could attend & possibly Buy or sell their car without bing GOUGED by BIG FEES!!!

STAY TUNED...IT MIGHT JUST HAPPEN!!!!

Guest Debby Soucia

That auction sounds like lots of fun Brad. A auction is where we bought 4 cars, 2 running right now but the third one would not take much, needs paint.

We love going to auctions and have gone to lots in NY, couple in PA and a couple in MA.

lets us know if you do have them.

Debby