1924 Stutz Fire Apparatus Restoration

DVFD

Greetings,

I'm currently a member of a Volunteer Fire Department and presently serving on the Stutz commitee which at present time is attempting to repair a 1924 Stutz Fire Apparatus which was our stations first motorized equipment. The apparatus is still functioning however it is in bad need of repairs. Currently no living member of the department can begin to diagnois what needs fixing or replacing on the apparatus. I would like to ask if anyone had any information on facilities or organizations capable of assisting us. The Stutz currently runs in an annual parade held here in town however we would like to restore her to her former glory. Does anyone out there have any useful information. I would appreciate any help we can get. Thank you.

Guest RODGER5

Please send along what data you already have on your Stutz pumper and the name of the Fire Department. I will see if I can assist you, Rodger Birchfield, author, Stutz Fire Engine Co.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Roger I think my brother and I met you in Michigan and you have helped my brother and me before. We are restoring a 1923 Stutz Ladder truck that was one of five tillered city service trucks placed in service by the Los Angeles Fire Department. Yesterday we installed the rebuilt 6 cylinder Wisconson motor. We need info and tech manuals on the motor. We also need a pair of front fenders and switches and gauges for the dash. The restoraion is coming along well and looking great. I have ordered your new book and eagerly await it's delivery. Thanks. Paul Schneider (949)322-0069

• 1 month later...

Our department (Glenwood Iowa) has a 1919 Stutz fire engine that we too would like to some day restore.The truck is in running condition and also is driven in our yearly homecoming parade. Does anyone out there have any available info that would help with our restoration(resources for parts,engine manuals, pump info etc)?Thanks. Tim O'Brien

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...