COME ON U GUYS?!?!

gardener5401

Guest De Soto Frank

Probably easier to guess the year than the make ! grin.gif

While I'm not an "expert" on brass-era cars, I've seen enough in books and at shows to take a stab at the year, if for no other reason than maybe to generate further discussion from folks who know better than I? smile.gif

Based on the following design features -

1) Front fenders with "bills" on the leading edge

2) "Symetrical" front and rear fenders ( specifically the center section, including the running-board)

3) Acetylene headlamps (?) and oil side lamps

4) Right-hand drive (?)

5) Cowl and hood-former ( formed sheet-metal "bucket", as opposed to flat wooden panel)

6) Enclosed passenger section

Based on the above details, I'd guess this car as being bewteen a 1912 thru 1914 model, plus or minus a year on either end of that range (I'm leaning "later")

Based on the condition of the car and the wardrobe of the people in the photo, I'd suggest that the picture was taken before WWI (1914).

Do you know if the photo was taken here in the US ?

I'd love to know what make the car is, but will have to wait for someone else to say what...

It does seem to resemble the 1909 or '10 Hudson "raceabout" that was at Macungie this past August...

"Next! "

cool.gif

Thanks for all of the info - The photo was taken at the Hillside Outing Club in Peninsula, Ohio (20 miles south of Cleveland)which is now the Brandywine Sky Resort - in the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area. The Hillside Club was a Czech social club of the time (1900-1930). Thanks again. smile.gif