Need passenger vent window

Barney Eaton

I am posting this for a lady that needs a passenger side vent window. <P>If you have one for sale contact her directly. I have no involvement. <P>Contact..Belle Agronin at 410-828-0252<P><P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

Whatever happened to the company in Oregon that was making these in plastic. There was a lot of discussion (I guess you would call it that) about whether the plastic was any good or not. I never heard that the windows were actually available, what the final price was and (most importantly) if anyone had bought one and tried it out.<P>Still would like to find out how that is going.

Gearhead,<P>Actually, I wrote Tammy in late August after the below posting, and asked her directly about the fact that it was essentially plexiglass, how long they would warranty it, and the method of installation etc.<P>I never did get a response. Perhaps some of you may also wish to respond to her.<P>--Tom<P>(Note her original email smile.gif<P>Subject: <BR> Reatta Vents<BR> Date: <BR> Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:40:01 -0700<BR> From: <BR> "Tammy Zientara" <daryl@nichols-mfg.com><BR> Organization: <BR> Nichols Manufacturing, Inc.<BR> To: <BR> <lsmith80@home.com>, <dfoderick@the-beach.net>,<BR> <gearhead@mtco.com>, <bmcgill@austin.rr.com>,<BR> <gmross@attcanada.ca>, <Tjenkins@hawaii.rr.com>,<BR> <greybyrd@mindspring.com>, <admin@y2klinks.com><P><BR>Hi there.<BR> <BR>As you well know, we are in the process of manufacturing the vent glass for your<BR>Reattas. I wanted to give you a quick update on our progress.<BR> <BR>It seems that the most common reason for the breakage is bumping the rear-view mirrors,<BR>therefor we wanted to come up with a vent window that will withstand more of an impact,<BR>since the mirrors need to be mounted directly to the glass. In order to make the windows<BR>stronger, we are working with polycarbonate (the same material as bullet proof glass)<BR>material to cut the vents from. This has the look of glass, but will withstand the "bumps"<BR>that the mirrors seem to get, without breaking as easily. The price for the vents will be<BR>$132 each, plus shipping.<BR> <BR>We will have the final fitting, and be shipping vent windows by September 15th. We<BR>appreciate everyone's patience. We'll call you once the vents are ready to ship.<BR> <BR>Feel free to call us if you have any questions.<BR> <BR>Thank you.<BR> <BR>Tammy. <BR>

YES I INQUIRED ABOUT SIDE VENT WINDOWS FOR REATTAS ALSO. COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER MY CAR WAS BEING SHIPPED TO FLORIDA . I WENT TO WORK AND MANUFACTURED 4 PCS EA. R.H & L.H THEY ARE 3/16 THK POLYCARBONATE MATERIAL MARR RESISTANT TINTED & PRIMED FOR <BR>WINDOW ADHESIVE. I HAVE HAD MY WINDOW ON NOW FOR 2 MONTHS LOOKS GREAT BEST THING IT DIDN'T COST ME $1400,00 FOR A JUNK DOOR.COST FOR THESE WINDOWS WILL BE $105.00 PLUS SHIPPING , YOU GET REMOVAL & INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS A TUBE OF THE CORRECT ADHESIVE FROM 3M . WINDOW WILL BE PRIMED SO SUN LIGHT <BR>WILL NOT EFFECT ADHESIVE .AT THE PRESENT TIME I WOULD BE WILLING TO SHIP A POLY VENT WINDOW FREE TO SOME ONE FOR THERE INSTALLATION, CHARGE ONLY ADHESIVE $11.00 <BR>PLUS SHIPPING I NEED SOME ONE OTHER THAN MYSELF AND FRIENDS TO INSTALL ONE OF THESE WINDOWS,<BR>AND LET ME NO OF ANY PROBLEMS .IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM TELL ME ,IF YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS TELL EVERYBODY PLEASE. CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PH-810-655-6113 FAX 810-655-2211 EXCEPT VISA /MASTER CHARGE <P>[This message has been edited by WILLIAM SALISBURY (edited 11-14-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by WILLIAM SALISBURY (edited 11-14-2000).]