Reatta: Bernsteins Funny Car?

Dusty

Has anyone ever heard of Kenny Bernstein (top fuel drag racer) owing a Reatta, and turning this into a race car? I drag race and I hear this out at the track from different people. <BR>P.S. I did the 1/4 mile in 15.5 seconds in my '88!! Didn't even need my fire suit.

<BR> Before Kenny was in Top Fuel, he campaigned Fuel Funny Cars for Budwieser. He ran the Reatta body for two years. This was about the same time Buick was supporting NASCAR rides.<P> Like all Top Fuel Funny Cars, Kenny's Reatta had no actual automobile parts. The Reatta body was the usual fiberglas shell, which was elongated and narrowed from a real car shape. Details were airbrushed on to give it some resemblance to a real Reatta.

Thanks for input on Kenny's Reatta, I thought someone might have been pulling my leg! I'd love to see a photo of his Reatta.<BR> Yeah, Brenda, stuff a big block in there and we might get into the 11's! Seriously though, atmosheric conditions play a big role in how a car preforms, sea level track, etc. Also, I had to monitor spin at launch ,as I'm not use to racing a front wheel drive. I found no burnout on street tires gave me the best launch.