to barney eaton

Well, I have a life besides setting here at the computer and answering questions.<P>I only send the input to Tom Jenkins about once a month. Tom also has a life and cannot update his site daily.<P>I enter your information into my database about every other day and I appreciate all of you that have sent input on your car(s). Please keep the VIN's, colors and options coming. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

thx for the answer, however the sarcasm wasnt needed. i was just wondering, cause i am a new member and i dont quite know how things work around here yet.

Troy,<P>You are very much off base with Barney's response time. If you want acknowledgement so damn fast, send him a sizable check for services rendered. Damn, who the hell do you think you are??????<P>Somewhat respectfully,<P><BR>Dan

Chill OUT Troy!!! I for one know, and I'm sure MANY others will agree, Banrey works his butt for for this site. I have asked him MANY questions and his response has been quick AND accurate. Besides... what the $#@% is SOOOOOOOOOO special about YOUR Reatta that you are in such a damn hurry to get it into the database????? As far as Barney's sacrasism goes.... you are lucky that he even dignified your post with a reply.

im not mad about anything. so why the hell is everyone else mad because i asked a dumb question?! i told the man "thanks"!! no harm was meant by what i said, SO YOU GUYS "CHILL OUT"! this is absolutly nothing to get all riled up about. Besides, i said that i was unaware of the way things worked around here, but i guess that you guys overlooked that part of the message eh?<P>Damn, slow down on the coffee guys. your just a little too eager to pick a fight!

Can we lock or stop this thread? Just an enthusiastic dude that used unfortuneate lingo, lets let it go, ok?<P>Your time can be better spent checking out the Duluth trip pix!

I'd like to leave us all with a joke.<P>Can't think of one though. smile.gif<P>Okay, everyone take a deep breath. If Barney has a problem with Troy, he has his e-mail and he can tell him. I thought his reply was kind of funny, actually. Imagine someone having a life outside of their Reatta! It just made me chuckle to think of it.<P>And Troy, despite how everyone jumped all over you, I think you'll find that this group is not only very responsive but also much more helpful than the dealerships will be when your baby needs fixin'. It sounded like you were criticizing Barney in the way you asked your original question and you deserved a mild rebuke. You got it. The rest of these "flames" are just everyone else trying to show Barney how much we appreciate him. It's a measure of how much he has helped everyone here.<P>Welcome to the board. Perhaps a better approach in future would be to ask the question without editorial. Such as:<P>"Barney, I sent in my Reatta data and I'm really anxious to see it posted. How long does it take, normally, to update the system?"<P>I find that even when I put a "smiley face" at the end of my posts, people still react negatively when I say things like "what's the holdup, man?" It was a bit rude, is all.<P>So, when the dust settles, I'm sure you'll find this a great site full of helpful people. In the meantime, ...<BR>

Hey Troy... we're chillin' together! I'm sorry for comming down on you so hard and I appologize. You will come to know how valuable guys like Barney are to this group. I saw that you were looking for the black and gold Reatta pen and air pressure gauge. I remember reading a post from a gut that had a set for sale. Think his name was Jim. I made a print out of the post about a month ago. I'll dig it out and give you the URL. Welcome to the group and the wild world of Reatta insanity! (LOL). NOW I know what my Mother meant when she said "Love does STRANGE things to a man".