Special Badging ? on Select 60's ?

This inquiry is directed to Barney and/or RickP, or anyone that ca provide information. I am curious about Rick's message concerning "special badging on Select 60's. I recently purchased on which included a Certificate of Authenticity but the car's badges are the same as my 89 Coupe. Perhaps the original badge was lost or damaged? I guess at this point in time it would be utterly impossible to obtain one. Any thoughts on this guys?

Guest Stan Leslie

The special badging was a "Select 60" hood ornament that was actually sent to the top 60 Buick dealers in 1988 for the 1988 Select 60 Reatta program. This was a late decicision by Buick and therefore the cars themselves were not unique, just the hood ornament. As best we can tell only one car has been identified with the special ornament installed although the ornament sometimes show up at swap meets. Most people mistakenly think the ornament was part of the 1990 Select 60 program but they were not. The 1990 Select 60 cars were notably different being white convertibles with white and red interiors, white tops, 16" white wheels of the 1991 variety, cupholder similar to the 91, and no pin stripe. They did not have any special badging however. Fifteeen or so of the 1990 Select 60's have been identified and are listed in the database that Barney keeps.

Stan... thanks for the info. I'd like to get one of them there special 1988 badges for my 90 Select 60. Then I could REALLY say... "badges??? we don't need no stinkin badges!!!!!!"