Intermittent display blanking.

Greetings all,<BR> I own an 88 Coupe with 36K. No real problems since purchased in 91 (with 14k). This week the displays began to cycle on/off. Typically I wil start driving and eventually the speedo display will blank, then the check engine light will come on, then at some point the the CRT will also blank. This does not effect radio or ventilation setings. I also usually hear a 'click' at some point, and soon the displays will come back on and the diagnostic setup will run as when first started. <BR> (I checked the back posts and did not find this particular problem addressed). I'm guessing a short or bad ground, or maybe a relay? Any advice on where to start my trouble shooting?<BR> Thanks in advance,<BR> Jeff Fuller<BR>

Hi, I am no help as I did not fix my very similar problem. It does it now much less often. I have no idea why but it has stopped doing that almost completely.

Hi have a similar problem with the lighted instrument panel. Most of the time the lights are not lighted. When I slide the dimmer switch to the dimmest postition the panel light begin to light. However if I try to postion the dimmer switch to the brightest postion the panel lights remain unlighted. Occasionally when driving over a railroad track the panel lights will come on. This makes me believe it is a faulty connection somewhere. How do you get at the wiring>