Grandson of past member looking for Grandfather's 1931 Lincoln.

Guest Mike_Stephens

Guest Mike_Stephens

Hello there. I am Mike Stephens, a Grandson of H.R.(Dick)Chapman. I am just wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of my Grandfather's old 1931 Lincoln Limousine. I still carry a picture of it in my wallet and just wanted to make sure it is still in great hands and winning trophies.

If you have any information about it, please let me know.

Thank you.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I remember your grandfather well. What a great guy. I used to go on the CCCA CARavans every year in the 1960s and '70s, and he, too, was on them with that car. The thing that was unique about that car was that it was pretty much all original, and was always scoring in the mid 90-point range at Grand Classics.

I'll ask around and see if anyone knows where this car is today. I sort of recall seeing a similar car, if not the same car, in California.

Guest Mike_Stephens

Thank you for the kind words about my Grandfather and the effort to ask around about the car. I am looking forward to "hear" what you find out.

Mike

Local lore . . . Dick sold it to someone in Missouri and that the last he heard they had it sitting in a field. He was sick about it and thought about trying to buy it back but never did. . . .not sure if he sold it while still in Indiana or after he retired/moved to FL.

• 6 years later...
Guest john_sullivan

Hello Mike,

My grandfather owns a 1931 Lincoln limousine. It is his second most prized vehicle. His first is his 1928 Lincoln. He spent years searching for this vehicle because it was produced the same year he was born (1928). However, the 1931 Lincoln limousine was the "get-away car" at my wedding, as well as at both of my older brothers' weddings. It was also used to take my sister to her Senior prom. Needless to say, it is a special car in our family. I would love to find out if this is indeed your grandfather's car. I will try to do some research to find out when/where he bought it.

John Sullivan

• 4 weeks later...