unwanted attention

I have a 90 reatta, at least one a day i have some dork in a mustang, camaro,or trans-am come up next to me rev his motor and see what i will do. i have never had this happen in any of my other cars. <BR>I would like to know if happens to anyone else frequently in thier retta.

I had a guy in a mustang make an unwanted, unwarranted sor tof yawning gesture at me adn my Reatta one time. <P> I preceeded to basically blow his v8 doors off headed down the highway. At the stop light a couple miles ahead he started reving his engine, I just sat there laughing outloud. Only get one chance :-)

I have an answer for you. Its called NOS.<BR>A 75 horse shot and you'll definately<BR>suprise them. They may beat you but<BR>will be suprised when you tell them its<BR>a V6 Luxo cruiser.<P>Brad

My wife used to drive my '90 Driftwood Metallic Tan coupe to work. The interesting thing is, she works around some very well-paid doctors who can drive whatever they want, and several even own their own airplanes. The always were impressed with the tan two-seater, asking what it was, and then were always surprised that it was a Buick. Many had never even heard of a Reatta. Guess that doesn't say much about how Buick marketed the car while it was in production. <P>I can't wait for her to start driving the fire-engine-get-out-of-my-way RED '90 coupe I bought this weekend. If they thought the tan one was impressive, wait til they see the red one!

A friend of mine use to tease me that his 944 turbo was faster then the Reatta. I explain the it was not a performance car and should never be able to challenge his porche. i have more problems that people think my daily driver Plymouth Laser Turbo is slow. It always surpises those f-body drivers that a little four can waste their v8, even at a 70+ horse power advantage. It is a shame that people judge the Reatta by it styling alone. They should be in awe of its beauty. They also need to remember that engine in the Reatta was a speedy engine pushing around their camoros and firebirds in the sixties.

Tell your speed shop to put down the crack pipe and step away from the counter. I<BR>have seen many 3800 V6 with nitrous. NOS<BR>makes a kit just for this. Call<BR>714-546-0592 and they will give you a part<BR>number for the kit for your 3800. My work<BR>can sell you a kit very reasonable. I would<BR>invest in a good external booster fuel pump<BR>as well. Any questions email me at<BR>bradp@yearone.com<P>Brad<P>------------------<BR>

I'm used to idiots doing the "Rev & Run" game on a regular basis. Depending on my mood, I'll either ignore them and let them think they have something special, or give them the surprise of their lives when they see the "BUICK" insignia on my rear bumper. I discovered many years back how spinning tires are great for show, but won't do spit for racing. I also spent a few years on the track, with autos and sticks, and know how to force their shift points. So, caught on one of my days, I'll nicely leave them wondering for about 500' to the first quarter mile. (The trick is act meek while they rev, then, when the least think you'll take the bait, slam them and leave them trying to catch up. smile.gif ) A few times this resulted in my p'ing them off and them catching the cop with his radar around the next bend. This is always a satisfying end to such immaturity (mine and theirs grin.gif ). I have the radar!!