any info on ramair

There was a guy that posted he had run a tube out through the stock hole behind the headlight and placed the filter down behind the air dam. I don't know how it worked out but if you could get the intake in the same area, I would think a section of the air dam could be removed and install a scoop. Since at least two elbows would have to be used, my guess is the added restriction would negate much of the gain. I fabricated my own cold air intake but it is in the stock filter box location, no ram air. I am presently installing a 240 cfm inline blower to see if it will actually boost air flow. I have yet to test this. Will post when I have results.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com

One option you have, is the way I went. I simply removed the factory air box, and put a piece of PVC pipe the same diameter as the large hose going into the engine. On the other end of the pipe, I put an 8" K&N cone filter. I drilled a hole into the pvc for the MAT sensor tightened everything down with hose clamps and it worked perfectly. I've now had this setup for about 20,000 miles, I love it. It sounds awsome, looks cool and made a significant difference in throttle response and midrange power. It took about 4 tenths of a second off my 0-60 and almost half a second in the 1/4 mile. Best of all it only cost about $40 for everything smile.gif

Did you install a baffle or wall between the air filter and the engine? I made one from sheet Teflon and the temperature read by the MAT sensor is usually within two degrees of outside air temp. I read your other post and have esentially the same mods you have, sans the underbody lights and sound system. The sound is certainly sweet(if you like that sort of thing).<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com