Rear Defrost

My rear defrost doesn't work. The light on the switch lights up & the fuse is fine. What are the chances of the problem is in the actual rear window? How else can I find out what's causing my problem? I know the rear windshield was removed at some point in time (before I owned the car) for body repair work. Could it be the person did not connect the wires properly? Its annoying (and dangerous) to drive around with a foggy back window. Any advice is appreciated.

The manual indicates you should check the defog fuse #2, also the A/C fuse #19, and the wiper fuse #12 by operaating the wipers. Check the left mirror heating operation by operating the power door locks. <BR>The connection is at the center of the back window (which also has the connection for your remote door locks,the small loop in the window)<BR>There is velcro (GM calls it hook and loop fasteners) at the rear of the headliner and you should be able to pull the headliner down enough to view the connector and determine if it is connected. If it is, disconnect it and check for voltage coming from the front and check for opens in the window circuit. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.