Brake Pump Problem

Guest wally888

Guest wally888

I have been told the pump and or motor can be replaced seperately!<BR> Thumping the motor probably also thumps the pump,pressure sensor and......<BR> Make sure mech.is familar w/ the system.<BR> If it were mine I would remove and clean all the elect. contacts - pump motor,press sensor-all you can see-then clean the relays-rerun or run the tests( I think you said a new accumulator was installed?) Retrieve and send to Barney. You can get a pretty good idea ,by comparing your test results w/ the average of others, of the condition of system.If you have lights or pump don't run put new relays in Main and Pump-retry CAUTION<BR> Caution Don't take any chances!

For Wally888 - what is the chance of thumping<BR>the pump and jolting a relay? I saw your<BR>article but think the relays are not located<BR>such that you could vibrate one into action<BR>from thumping the pump. Any opinion? If it<BR>seems possible - I would attempt to change myself rather than argue longer with the tech. Advance auto here has to order them.