Auburn Classic and only one Reatta?

I went to the Auburn Classic (Car auction) in Auburn Indiana yesterday, and tripped over every exotic and classic car you can imagine.<P>A Lotus Esprit Turbo, Ferrari 308's by the dozen, Pantera's, Cobra's, Countach's, you name it. But you know what I was really looking for!<P>Finnaly I spotted a 1990 Maui Blue convertible with 73,000. I was a little bit dissapointed with the cars interior condition however. I thought "Hell, my car is ten times cleaner than this, with more miles!"<P>What amazed me were the large number of Allante's (Only one 93' however, which was immactulate!) and Chrysler Maserati's, which they seemed to have by the dozens.<P>I did take photo's, and will post as soon as I get them developed. Take it easy.

The Allante went for around $20,000. Now bear in mind, this puppy was CLEAN and only had about 30,000 mi. on it. <P>The Reatta had no price listed on it. I think 7 to 8 grand would have been reasonable. And that is based soley on the color and the rag top. <P>

• 2 weeks later...

i was at auburn-kruse auto fair and there was only the 90 blue convertible for auction. there was a white 90 coupe in the car coral. they lowered price to $5,900.00 the last day and it still did not sell.it had some rust popping out around antenna hole but car looked pretty good overall. owner said it had a replacement engine with only 12k miles.<P>the blue car belonged to jack baker classic cars from e. perorida, il. he sold the car later in the sale, but not at the auction block. i believe the car had around 56k miles. he wanted $14.5k for the car. jack baker also owned the polo green 93 cadillac allante. he sold that car also.

He wanted $14,000 for that thing?! My God, I thought the interior was horible! The green Allante, now that was a sharp car! And was worth every penny he was asking. But the Reatta, even though it was a convertible, I would have given $6,000 at best.<P>I mean whoever the seller was did'nt even take the time and trouble to shine the Reatta up! The Allante as I said was beautiful. I almost went to the nearest bank to apply for a loan. (And would have too if not for my girlfriend.)<P>