I need advice...lots...

Never heard of this. I also don't understand how your brakes (assume you mean the pads) wore out in 3 months. Mine were in great shape even at 130,000 miles. These cars seem to have amazing experience with brake pad longevity from what I've read.<BR>

I think that I should just never go back to that brake shop again. But setting the parking brake kind of threw me. And until I went in for the first brake pad replacement at 90,000, I had no troubles. After that visit, I had grinding brakes and a lot of trouble coming to a complete stop. When I went back, they replaced my brakes and all four calipers. Whatever it was it's gone now.<P>

Yes, I've heard this, that the parking brake should be activated from time to time to take up the slack in the rear calipers. Have heard this with the Fiero folks also as they have rear calipers.Don't fully understand why, my parking brake doesn't work; but then I never use the parking brake. Go figure.

You had two seperate problems. <BR>All GM rear disc use a ratchating mechanism to keep the emergency brake in adjustment. <BR>It sort-of sucks..... if you don't use the emergency brake regularly, the ratchet gums up and doesn't adjust. I too had a Fiero, a Eldorado,etc and they all have the problem because I don't use the emergency brake.<BR>It's a long discussion on what to do and maybe someone has a link to a site. <P>The rapid wearing of the pads, front or rear are usually associated with the caliper not floating. On single piston disc, the caliper is self centering over the disc. If the bolts/rods that they ride on get rusty, gummy , etc. the piston pushes only one pad against the disc and all the wear in on that one pad. You need to have the brakes looked at soon. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

I've had my Reatta for 2 years and ADORE it. I do have the display problem, which I just deal with right now.<P>A month ago I went in to get my brakes redone (they were in bad shape and I couldn't understand how I wore them out in only 3 months) the mechanic told me that I need to use my parking brake all the time in order to recalibrate my brakes. Is this something anyone else has heard? <P>I also need a new cigarette lighter and an interior passenger side, lower door panel for a grey car. Let me know if anybody has those.<P>Thanks tons!!<BR>Diana