MORE CRT rebuild help needed!

History - I got my 89 Reatta a few months ago and knew that the CRT screen had <BR>been 'dead' for awhile though the touch portion works fine - can control everything. Figured there was enough info on the board <BR>to get the unit out and serviced by AER in CA per everyone's recommendation.<P>Using the directions on the board I removed my touch screen/CRT unit. (Note: I HAVE ordered a service manual- but not <BR>here yet- so bear with me...as I am completely non-technical! My friends are amazed I am even trying this!)OK - so I have <BR>removed the whole thing with the touch screen attached. I unplugged the red and black connectors to the car. The unit is now <BR>on my table! <P>My questions are:<BR>1. Do I send the WHOLE thing to AER or do I remove and keep the touch screen part before I send? Seems I can remove the front <BR>black part and the bronze sides.<P>2. Within the silver casing - do I have to remove just the screen tube? If so, I wasn't able to figure out HOW to disconnect it <BR>from the casing.<P>3. Is the part # that AER is looking for the sub-assembly p/n: 25086813 model vi-5vi (says on this sticker manufactured by <BR>Zenith) OR do I have to go deeper and get the number off the tube?<P>I look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance for your help!<P>feel free to email me directly @ bethlevine@att.net<P>beth<BR>

Depending where you live, there are repair stations around the country. I started a list (sent to me by Reatta owners) and have stations in NY, VA, CA, NC, and MI. <BR>At this years convention, I got a lead on Doug Smith in Flint MI. He is a former GM employee that repairs CRT's. The problem I have is no phone number or address. If anyone out there knows Doug, let me know. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

I assume you would need to send the whole unit intact. This would alow them to test all the electronics. Call AER at 1-800-321-6970 and ask them, give them the subassembly number of your unit. Be very careful messing around the inside of your CRT it can contain very lethal voltage even after it's been disconnected for a long time.

Thanks- once I got the part # and talked to AER they told me to send the entire assembly they knew EXACTLY what I was talking about - so off it went. I now anxiously await my new CRT. Thank you to everyone who emailed me.<BR>Beth