ReattaNY:WHAT HAPPENED......

Yes Matt sold his car! I had made a few offers in line with what he had received from some others but apparently he got more. Good for him! (I really didn't NEED two Reattas... althought I am looking for convertible.) I don't think we are going to hear from Matt again. I think he only got invloved to sell his car... hope not... but whatever.

well its me again... i sold my car. yes i finally did it. !!! and i purtuched my land rover discovery II yesterday and i'm recieving it friday. i cant wait. from some searching on the net i found that land rover owners have a simmilar following to this car!<BR>good luck to all and thanks

OK. I've taken this long enough, as I'm sure many out there have. If I've missed something, I'm sorry. ReattaNY, let me get this straight,<BR>You were "given" a Reatta with less than 30,000 miles on it.<BR>You "sell" the Reatta to "lease" a Land Rover. So, after a certain specified period of time, you have no car at all. You have to lease or buy something else. But let's get back to a "Land Rover" to go to college?<BR>Where is this college (you've never mentioned)that a Reatta can't go....Tibet?<BR>Matt, I just want you to realize you are one lucky dude. I hope you know that. My son is also starting college in two weeks, in Colorado. The college, the location, the car, doesn't matter. We flat told him there is no reason for a freshman to have a car. His grades alone will determine if he has a car the second year. Best of luck to you Matt in college. You sound like a good kid. I hope you don't think too much about the Reatta when it comes time to turn in the Rover one day. Go forth and conquer.

well...the deal is i wasent givin anything. my family has owned our reatta since new. and we actually decided today that we are not going to sell it. but i'm a sophomore at U. of Buffalo and it gets icy and snowy there. my land rover is a tank i herd stories of them fliping over at 100 miles an hour and spinning trying to avoid a 18 wheeler and the driver came out without a scratch. its a dangerious world and the land rover is safer in my mind then my reatta. which doesnt have ABS brakes(there not working) and no airbags. so its a tank or a golf cart in my mind not to diss the reatta. it was my first love. but i still have it and will always. so in 3 years when i get out of college, and give the car back. i will ahve my little old reatta. arent i lucky? smile.gif<BR>-matt

WOW isn't that a strange turn of events!!! Hey Matt no offense but you stories have changed thrice too many for me to fathom. I hope that later in life you come to know the value of truth... Did you ever think of majoring in car sales or law school??? Either way you'd do well.

I've been very depressed about not being able to sell my Reatta but I have to admit this continuing "soap opera" with Matt's car has taken my mind off of it! But, like a lot of you, I do feel like I've been scammed!<P>I've just about decided to take my car to CarMax...has anyone else sold a Reatta to them? I've heard the'll give you Blue Book + or - 10%...which will be $3000 - 3800. I hate to do it but I'm getting desperate.

Sounds like a kid with more money than brains. When you live on campus in a dorm, you wouldn't need a vehicle. Then after the first year with B average, we'd talk about an inexpensive mode of transportation. But a Land Rover! This is more about "wants" than "needs". My son knows the value of what is truely important--and that came from home, not college. To even contemplate giving away the equity in the Reatta for a quick sale was not good business sense, nor good common sense. I'm glad your family stepped in with the sense to keep the car before you gave it away--just because you WANTED a LR!<BR>Never the less, good luck.

sandy...dont loose hope... have you tried parking it in a high traffic area...mabey your mall or somthing and leaving it with a few for sale sighns in the window?

Don't feel bad Matt. I put my Reatta up for sale a couple days ago, and after driving some the past few days, and now I am having serious doubts about my decision. I guess i am asking too much, because I haven't received any ofers, but that may be a blessing. If your family has the means whereas you can lease a Rover, and keep the Reatta.....why not....I doubt you will be sorry you kept it, but you have been very sorry at some time if you had sold it.....Dan<P>PS......no offense, but Rovers are probably the most unreliable SUV's ever made, as most British vehicles. I loved my MGB, but it was junk.....just junk with style. Lease an Explorer or Xterra ....save your parents some $$$ now, and in the future....you will also be happy you still have the Reatta while the Rover is at the dealer being repaired.

Yes...it is amusing that the non-working ABS system came up at the very end of this saga. When he was trying to sell it early on, it was a practically flawless 29,000 mile Florida car. Something else isn't working...the "spell check" on this kid's computer! Good luck going for that English major. Maybe used car sales is more up your alley!

wow you should go into stand up...if i cared at all i would even try to type slower and spell proberly. if you had contacted me about the car, i would have told you about the problems the car has. so try to think before you post. and MYOB. <P>Dan: i was about to get a 2001 explorer sport. but then they recalled the tires. and we know the owner of a land rover dealer so we got a good deal. i also dont want to be just like everyone else owning a ford explorer. i had a reatta, which compares to a land rover in how it is unique in its own way. IMO. so to all the jelious people...suck it, and the people trying to sell there cars...good luck<P>

Yeah this guy changes his story and attitude by the minute. A crude, rude and spoiled little rich kid. Am I jealous of that??? Give us a break Matt.

Matt needs some spelling lessons. Evidently, his college entrance exam didn't check his spelling proficiency. And who's to say if Matt even exist or if he has ever owned a Reatta at all? Or if his name is even Matt. With cyberspace, it's buyer beware.

Everyone should give ReattaNY a break! We should all be happy he came to his senses & decided to keep the car! I wish you many more happy miles, Reatta NY!

my turn to chime in on this. last sunday i met Matt and his dad in Nanuet, NY. he exists. the car exists. i had intended to buy it, but on Wednesday i received a call from Matt's dad that they no longer intended to sell it. i was and still am quite disappointed that the deal was not completed, but it's not the end of the world. the car's in nice shape, but hardly "cherry". Matt goes to school in Buffalo, a 400 mile drive from where he lives, so this Reatta is going to rack up some major miles in the next year or two. but, everybody, give the kid a break. he had his heart set on driving a Land Rover and is probably as disappointed at not getting it as i am about not getting the Reatta. and, Matt, get that ABS fixed!!!<BR>kindly,<BR>doug.

Hey BREATTA... I too was interested in the car being sold by ReattaNY. I had a great deal of e-mail and phone conversations with him. His story changed by the hour. My guess is that they did not KEEP the car but in deed sold it to another buyer that came up with "MO-MONEY"... too bad for you!

When I told my friend at work about this site, he told me to "watch out". He ideology was that I had no idea who I was comunicating with.<P>He visualized 13 yr. old's with a poster of a Ferrari on thier wall! I told him that I did'nt think it was that bad. But some of the postings have made me wonder. <P>This guys posting is an obvious attempt of someone trying to pull a fast one. And when it comes down to it, "Who gives a S**t what he did with his car!!!<P>I have a Reatta and life of my own. Allthough I did pipe into his Bulls**t and respond to his original topic. (I used a half box of Kleenex I wept so much) The bottom line of it is, I don't trust anyone who has a used car for sale.<P>And for all of the Reatta owners out there that found all the "Hidden" things wrong with your car after you purchased it, I'm sure you feel the same way.<P>I guess this proves once again that the World Wide Web is full of all sorts of people. rolleyes.gif

MATT'S E-MAIL ADDRESS OF "KIND BUDS" SHOULD GIVE EVERYONE AN INDICATION OF WHAT KIND OF PERSON WE ARE DEALING WITH HERE.....KEEP ON SMOKIN' THAT WEED MATT, YOU'LL DO GREAT IN COLLEGE....VAMP.

Well I think we've beaten this horse quite to death... perhaps we should get over it and move on! Lets talk about a subject that we ALL love... Reattas!!!!