New Purchase

Just bought a 1989 Reatta Coupe for my son to use during his last 2 years in High School. Car is Red/Tan. Has 122500 miles. Back in 1989 I was in the market for a new car. I narrowed my selection down to 3 choices. The Reatta,BMW 325IS,and the Acura Legend Coupe.I loved the Reatta but a 2 seater with 2 small children would not fly. So I bought the BMW. Great car. I still have it with 140000 miles. Runs and looks like new. Paid $1500.00 for Reatta. Car needed tires,new A/C compressor and condenser,right side mirror,right side headlight would not open(minor Problem) and other minor repairs. cost about 1850.00 for repairs and tires. Radio not working correctly. Instead of fixing I'm having a new Clarion system installed. Dont want anyone to mess with the touch screen.Car runs good. Last owner had it for 8 years. Unfortunately he lived on a boat, so car was parked outside for 8 years. not a smart thing to do in Florida. Paint faded and interior needs lots of TLC. My son and I are making a project out of it. Sounds like its going to be an expensive project. after the 2 years are over he'll get a new car for college. I'll either keep it or sell it. Any suggestions from anyone on paint care and interior care. DON<P>