1989 REATTA FOR SALE

I'VE BEEN DRIVING BY THIS 1989 REATTA FOR SALE ON MY WAY TO WORK FOR ABOUT A WEEK NOW.TODAY I STOPPED TO ASK ABOUT IT.IT IS GREY WITH I BELIEVE GREY LEATHER INTERIOR.IT HAS 180K MILES ON IT AND HE IS LOOKING TO GET $2500 FOR IT.FROM THE OUTSIDE IT IS IN GOOD CONDITION AND HE SAYS IT RUNS GOOD.I DIDN'T DRIVE IT. IS IT WORTH $2500 OR IS THIS GUY ASKING TOO MUCH. <P>JUST WONDERING<BR>

too high for 180k....offer him $1500. then you can put 500-1000 in tuning it up and detailing it and you'll have a real nice item

Guest Greg Ross

I do not consider high mileage to be the determining factor in setting a reasonable price. My '88 has 150k miles on it and because it's well maintained it runs as good or better than anything else on the road today.<BR>Drive the car, if you are sincerely interested in acquiring a Reatta make the investment of time and read through this discussion page over the past 6 months and understand the plus' and minus' of being bitten with the Bug. Take the vehicle to a GM dealer and invest the relatively nominal sum in having her checked over or if you know another Reatta owner, have them check it over for you. Second opinions should be sought.<BR>I was fortunate to have found a Reatta in this northern climate that had never seen Winter, almost three years now and I consider my outlays for driving 20k miles a year just normal maintainance in terms of cost.<BR>Do your homework and make your decision.