Blackhawk project

harry yarnell

In the latest (sept)issue of AUTOMOBILE, there is a article on the car (Blackhawk)and the design team; this car is supposed to be a styling exercise with no production plans. I for one, would love to see this beauty in production, hell, if Chrysler can turn out Prowlers and PT Cruisers, why can't GM (or a least Buick). Supposedly this piece was on display at the Buick Nats. in Richmond, VA, anybody see it? I urge all of you Reatta lovers to check out this gem, and prod Buick to consider its production. Sorry for the non-Reatta rant, but I had to at LEAST bring it to this astute group's attention.

The Blackhawk was at Richmond. It was somewhat finished but there were some unfinished details. They were even giving rides, I missed out, not there at the right time. A couple of item I noticed. It appears they are going to air condition it, but not all the components were there. Also there were no inner fender liners/splash shields. I did not see the flip headlights work, so they may not be functional at this time. <P>The side story is that Mike Doble, the Special Vehicles Manager in Richmond with the car, worked on the Reatta convertible design.<BR>I tried to get more details, but he was always being inturrupted. He is retiring in September and I suggested he might be able to write some technical stuff about the convertible development.... I have his card.<P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.