NEW ANTENNAS

IF ANYONE IS STILL LOOKING FOR AN ANTENNA, GO TO A CHEV OR BUICK DEALER FOR A NEW ONE. I WORK AT A CHEV DEALER AND HAD TWO NEW ONES INSTALLED IN MY 89. I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE ORIGINAL EQUIPTMENT, BUT I SURE LOOKS LIKE IT.

Comment..... the normal problem with the antenna is the flex cord is broken. A new antenna assembly is over $100. A repair cord cost less then $20. See the repair procedure on Tom Jenkins page (www.reatta.net) you need part number 22038195 for the repair<P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

• 4 weeks later...

An alternative for those who don't care about having a power antenna is to use a rubber replacement like the Harada RA-06. For my 1991 coupe, I also needed the Harada GM cable adapter model CR-8GM. $12 for the antenna and $4 for the adapter at Pep Boys. It would take me about 5 minutes to put the power antenna back in if I wanted to seriously show the car.<P>------------------<BR>-HANK RYAN-<BR>Oklahoma City, Oklahoma