ipc/crt

here's one i can't figure out....start car, within 2 minutes both instrument panel and crt flash on and off like it is resetting, also the chimes kick in. has anyone ever had this problem and what was the fix? i pull no codes from crt(in fact, it was very hard to pull codes because it persisted on returning to radio screen)thanks in advance ron

I've had the same fault with my '88 Reatta (twice!!!). It's a real drag when it happens while driving; can't see how fast you're going, how much gas you've got, and the defrost goes into turbo-heat-mode(possible safety feature?). <BR>The last time it happened I repaired it myself. I forget the name of the module, it might be the BCM. It's the one fairly deep under the driver's side dash, accessible if you are on your back with the brake pedal in your ear. The problem was cold solder on an IC chip on the ciruitboard of that module, and I found several. <BR>My only other option was to purchase another circuitboard, which is a few hundred dollars expensive.<BR>My dash has not blinked or gone dead since.<BR>-Rich D. in CA