Dash light and ignition warning buzzer not working all the time

I have a 1990 Reatta and sometimes the warning buzzer for key left in ignition and headlights left on works and buzzes, sometimes it doesn't. The dash lights in back of the headlight, foglight, and parking lights work sometimes and other times don't work. I never know when the problem will occur.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem with my 90's buzzer not working. It works great sometimes, then others it's weak, and most of the time it doesn't work at all. I'm guessing it's a short, but I haven't had to time to take a look into it yet. As far as I know the lights work fine asside from one of my fog lights being out.

What was the purpose of replacing the headlight switch? All my lights are working fine, the buzzer is just going bad. I'll look into it anyway. How much did you spend on the buzzer?

JOshua<BR>The reason I replaced the headlight switch was because the little lights behind the options on the right side of the dash where the headlight switch is burn out. The only light identity light that still worked on mine was the fog light idetity light. <P>Willyum for the last 10 years. cool.gif" border="0

Joshua:<BR>Sorry, the light switch is on the left side. To fix the buzzer it has to be replace at a GM dealer as it is very hard to access. I don't remember the cost of the buzzer but it is not cheap. If the buzzer is not important to you don''t replace it. <P>As far as the headlight switch, the fix for the little lights denoting what the switches are for is to replace the switch and it cost me about $125.00 dealer cost,\.

Guest wally888

I have a Chime that sounds weak and sometimes skips a chime or gives a weak double chime.(89)(door open or lights on)<BR> Not looking at the moment but the Manual mentions an Intermediate Chime and also another.

Yeah, the buzzer hasn't been a big issue. I've had the car for exactly a month today and I only really noticed it cutting in and out just the other day. If it's a pricey procedure I'll probably just live with it. I'm pretty good at making sure doors are closed and lights are off (although I'm sure I've just cursed myself). Thanks.