Michelin 16"

I recently bought a new set of tires 4 my cadillac. the old ones still have 50 percent left. They are however P21560R/16. They are Michelin Pilot XGT V4, and i love the performance. I would like to put them on my 88 Reatta, but i am worried their larger size won't fit and perform well on the reatta. Has anyone tried something like this, and was it successful?

I am running 225x60-16 Michlins on my '91 with no problems. While there are other things the tire might hit, the bottom of the spring mount is pretty close with stock tires. So the tire cannot get bigger in diameter. I have some 16 x 7 wheels from a different brand of GM front wheel drive that you might be interested in...they will fit perfectly.. if so let me know and I can send you a picture. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta division technical advisor and keeper of the Reatta database.

• 6 months later...
Guest llaramie

p215/60-16 is standard on the 91 Reatta.<BR>I just purchased a set of these Michelin Pilot XGT V4, today. The performance today, on wet pavement was really impresssive.<BR>They are rated good for snow as well.Any experience on snow? <P>(Michelin Pilot XGT V4's run $135.00 each)<P>ps: If you buy XGT--make sure they are PILOTS, Michelin also makes an XGT without the PILOT designation whih are not an all-season tire like the Pilot XGT V4 and much poorer performance stats. <BR>

• 1 year later...

Okay, so I just called Tirerack to order four 225x60x16 for the 16x7" wheels I just bought. Dave (from tirerack) said his friend has eight Reattas and he knows this size won't work (claims they'll rub, speedo will not indicate properly and thus screwup computer generated fuel-mix, etc. He further states the 225x55x16 is the proper size. But, of course, Michelin doesn't make the X-0ne in that size and he recommends the pilot series. Anywho, I see (from posts) Barney and Padgett use the X-One 225x60x16. Anybody give me a hand here, please? <BR>thanks in advance, Curt shocked.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0<P>[ 08-12-2002: Message edited by: curtislt ]<p>[ 08-12-2002: Message edited by: curtislt ]

Guest RED891

I have 22560r16 goodyears on 16x7 dayton wire spokes on my 89 no prblems at all. speed is right on with the radar in the school zones here. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Have X-Ones on three of my cars, Reatta and Bonneville both have 225x60x16s on 16x7 wheels. Factory stock wheel claims 46 mm offset. Enkeis on Reatta are 38s & sit about 3/8" further out. No observable rub though is real close to one fender liner at full lock.<P>BTW the difference in rolling radius of a 215x65x15 and a 225x60x16 is less than a half inch.