Does anyone know how many channels the ABS has?

I need to know how many channels the anti-lock brakes on Reattas have. I'm guessing 3 or 4, but it isn't listed in my copy of the MVMA Specification book. Every other dimension, capacity and pressure rating is, I don't know why that isn't, please help. <P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/vtmotorhead" TARGET=_blank>geocities.com/vtmotorhead</A> <BR>

Hmmm,interesting question. The ABS has a four channel input, one from each wheel, but only a three channel output. The rear brakes are operated together. I would think this would be a three channel system, since true four wheel control is not possible. I cannot find any reference to what type it is in the manual either.<P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com

• 2 weeks later...

The reply is correct in that the ABS system is a 3-channel system. The channels refer to the number of hydraulic circuits that the ABS system controls, in this case, RH front, LH front, and rear.

• 1 year later...
Guest wally888

Think the Manual states 3 channel. Interesting, In an emergency, no hydraulic assist, the rear brakes have no function, (receive no pressure). Your foot, leverage and Master Cylinder Piston size differentials are your last hope.