3800 Timing Chain

Guest C.F.Massie

OK makes sense now. The only difference between the 175 and the 295 is a longer bolt and pin. Guess GM figured the 175 could work for either. Can see how a 295 in a chamfered block might stick out too far when bottomed and do nasty things to the timing cover.

175&295.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Click

My nightmare continues!

So the tentioner is in and the ole girl started up and sounds nice. Now onto the next headache! I need a front axle seal. I've been everywhere trying to find this little seal. The only thing stopping me from driving this thing. Nobody except auto zone can even pull it up on there computers. When I order it through them they send some other seal that doesn't even closely resemble the seal I removed. 3 times we oredred it and 3 times the wrong part comes in. It seems my Reatta was built in the first six months of production. Half way through the model year they revamped many things (like the chain tentioner). I've been to every auto parts chain. I've also been to the stealer/dealer who basically laughed at me. So here I am again begging you guys for help. Below is a picture of the seal. The seal is located where the axle goes into the transmission. The rough dimensions are 1 13/16 OD  1 6/16 ID and about a quarter inch thick.

Thanx in advance!

DSCF1001.JPG

DSCF1000.JPG

Edited by Click
better picture and spelling (see edit history)

Guest Kingsley

Ronnie - sorry, but do not feel that I have made any posts on this subject.over the years.

Kingsley

Reatta Specialty Parts - Headlight Motor Repair Kits for all year models, sun visor clips and EZ On replacement tops for the Convertibles