1955 Fireflite Pwr Brake Booster Wanted

ajf5577

I need a booster or rebuilder for mine, plus rebuilt master cylinder. 1955 Desoto Fireflite with pwr windows, pwr seats, pwr antenna, Orig hemi, Rebuilt balance of brake system, starter, water pump, 4 bbl carb. Runs strong. Interior redone, Nice fresh white/orange paint. this car is for sale as well. 2 Dr Sportsman.

Please e-mail me with brake lead, or if interested in my car. Located central Indiana, can help with delivery.

ajf5577@aol.com

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Seeing your car reminded me of a friend's 55. In about 1967 my friend's Dad got him his 1st car. It belonged to some friend of his and had been sitting for many years for unknown reasons. It was that puke green and white and was rusted in the lower quadrants quite badly. No power accessories and just the auto trans and radio as options, I quess.

They got the thing running and my friend began driving it, and "running" other cars at stoplight drags. One particular stretch of road was "about" a 1/4 mile from a light to a certain point and I was riding shotgun with my pal and 2 other guys aboard as he ran a shiny new Bonneville 389. No he didn't win. But he lost by barely half a car length. The grabber is the Pontiac guy couldn't believe my friend's car had a tiny one barrel carb on the hemi! Ah, what that car could have done properly equipped and tuned.

Scene_from_50s.gif