Mystery Car... What is it?

dad1915.jpg<P>I'm not a car collector myself, but I have the attached photo of my dad C:1915. Can you direct me to anyone that might be able to tell me the make of the car?<P>David Schoepf<BR>w0ozg@digitalexp.com<p>[This message has been edited by peterg (edited 12-14-2000).]

Yes, I would say it also that it is some what on a Model T chassis but the rest? There is a sign in the near of the driver which was used by KRIT Automobiles but it was also a sign for good hope and luck (but this changed in the year of 1936 because a man with a small moustache used it, too frown.gif )<P>Tom<P>------------------<BR>Thomas Borchers<BR>Member of AACA # 004829<BR>HCCA and MAFCA

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

The chassis looks like a model T to me. Peter, Try posting it on one of the Model T DF's, they both have active groups. SalG

The closed sedans in the background look newer than 1915. Probably the early to mid '20s. That spare tire carrier on the side looks like it is from a much larger car than what we see here. The clothes on the driver also look newer than the mid teens. It looks like a composite of a lot of cars and parts. smile.gifsmile.gif hvs<p>[This message has been edited by hvs (edited 12-15-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

The car in the background is 1923-1925,..and <BR>not 1915,....other cars are early 20's, very late teens. It looks like a "T" hood, not familar with the chassis skirts, though, also, that side mount appears to be from about 1920, and european(?). Odd mix of styles, but not unusual at that time. Clothes are all wrong for 1915, too. Collar and tie style is mid-twenties. Wish one of them was standing, as pants and shoes are more telling. (the last car behind the driver resembles a 1925 Dort 5 passenger Sedan an awful lot)<P>RS<P>[This message has been edited by IndianaCarGuy (edited 12-28-2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by IndianaCarGuy (edited 12-29-2000).]

I agree that this is newer than 1915. I figured that the Model T Clincher Demountable Rims used on the car would be the dead give-away. They weren't introduced until 1919-20 on Model T's as a option. I would also find it hard to believe that these young fellows made this car up using brand new wheels. I believe this is around the mid-20's at best.<BR>Rick

The body looks to be a well-made factory body, not something cobbled up under a shade tree. Notice the beading at the bottom edge of the frame rail cover and around the cockpit. The boat tail took some talent and specialized tools, too. Is that a plumb bob hanging under the frame beneath the driver's leg? Maybe a primitive cornering force measuring device. smile.gif