Jump to content

- - - - -

Ball Joint Presses

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DaveZZZ


    Junior Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:34 PM

Hi All.

I'm going to be doing a lower ball joint on the 67 98 soon, and that means getting a press. I've been looking around, and I see a few on EBay for the $35-50 range, and another $10 - 15 for shipping. Most of what I have seen in catalogs and the like is in the $100 range, so I was wondering two things.

First, are those ebay prices good, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Second, the receiver cups all seem to be standard sized, so what size will I need for the Olds? Just don't want to buy something which is designed with the newer, wimpier cars in mind and find out it is too small for the Olds.


#2 Dan Mumford

Dan Mumford

    Junior Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:01 PM

If you have an Auto Zone nearby, go in, give them $100.00 for a press. It comes with several size cups and when you're done, return it. It is a free service from Auto Zone. No, I don't work, nor advertise, for them, but I have gotten "loaner tools" from them at no cost. The $100.00 is just a deposit.


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users