1954 Studebaker Commander For Sale BRAND NEW STUDEBAKER ENGINE

You can see pictures at http://home.earthlink.net/~winecountryengraving/

When I got this 1954 Studebaker Commander 2 door, the engine smoked badly and there was lots of rust. I removed the body from the frame and sandblasted both body and frame, primed and painted with two 1954 Studebaker colors. <span style="font-weight: bold">I found a brand new '54 Studebaker V8 engine exactly like my smoker, but brand new in the original Studebaker crate.</span> They were made for each other! The automatic transmission was completely rebuilt by Transco Transmission with a new locking torque converter. Locking torque converters were not put in Fords and Chevys until the '90s - Studebaker 40 years ahead of their time again!

There was no bending of the frame, it was completely straight. The car has a new head liner, carpets, and upholstery. Ninety percent of the chrome has been re-chromed. The car has great acceleration and I've been told to expect around 24 miles per gallon. The locking torque converter really makes a difference, no slippage and great mileage for a car of that weight and era. On the wine country twisty roads it is deft, accurate, and responsive. The body style won an international award for body style for the 1953/54 body, an award that no other American car had won at the time. It is subtle, classic, lovely, and looks like it would pass all the anti-drag tests in a modern wind tunnel. This is a really well-thought out car, decades ahead of it's time, in excellent condition, a real pleasure to own and drive.

You can see pictures at http://home.earthlink.net/~winecountryengraving/