most enjoyable weekend!

For the past 37 years , I have enjoyed the antique car hobby tremendously, by restoring and showing both locally ,nationally and in Grand National events. I've atttended Hershey for the past 25 years,participated in more than a dozen tours,and met many wonderful people. But this past weekend spent<BR>cruising the Gulf coast of Mississippi,was the most enjoyable of all the events I've ever attended. There was more than 4000 cars which consisted of original unrestored, original restored show cars,street rods,modifieds,customs,of every body style and model you could think of. People were driving and enjoying their vehicles. Car shows in 5 coastal towns with no judging,no competition,very good entertainment at each location,people were free to come and go at will. We cruised from town to town,never have I experienced anything like this. Everyone should try it once and I'll assure you they will attend again in the future. I will post many pictures at a later time.Oh yes, we did have rain, but there was no one stuck in the mud.And there was a very good flea market.

You are not the only who appears to have not made Hershey this year. There were a lot of people at Hershey but it did not seem to be as crowded this year. The car show also had a fair amount of empty spaces as compared to previous years. There were 14 empty spaces across from my class so after judging I move my car. The cars were parked so tight I had to leave my wife out before I backed into my space because I could not get the doors open. Fall Carlisle was also empty this year in regards to the amount of people that were there. I guess it is much eaiser to buy car parts off the internet.