Phoning ROJ

Ronnie

Over the years I've been reluctant to jump on the smartphone bandwagon. I had a flip-phone for emergencies and that was all I needed.  About a year ago my daughter convinced me that if I was going to stay up with the modern world I needed to get a smartphone. I got one and after using it for a while I see how useful they are.  Google maps to get me where I want to go, weather reports at my finger tips and access to information on websites (including ROJ ) are all very useful when I'm away from home. I'm sold on smartphones.

I have discovered that my website, ReattaOwner.com, isn't easy to use with a smartphone and that must change. If my Reatta breaks down on the side of the road I need to be able to access ROJ (and this forum) to get repair information, like trouble code charts and other information quickly and easily, right there on the side of the road.  A smartphone is the only way to do that.

So, I will soon make changes to ROJ to make it user friendly for smartphone users. It will look plain and simple compared to what you see on ROJ now.  You can see what I'm working on here but it will be changing over time until I'm satisfied with it working as it should when using a smartphone. Although it is plain and simple it will be the new ROJ soon.

A lot has changed since 2007 when ROJ was started. Interest in ROJ (and Reattas in general) is at an all time low. Support for ROJ is nonexistent. That is the reason the ROJ forum is gone and The Reatta Store is gone. ROJ might be next but for now, I will be paring ROJ down to the basics needed for troubleshooting and repairs.  The Library section will be gone. That includes magazine articles and videos.  If you want to copy any of that information you should do it now.   I hate to see all that information that I have worked so hard on gone but I have no incentive to keep a huge Reatta website online that no one is interested in. All the information no one is using overly complicates a smartphone compliant website. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When I look at the current ROJ website on my cellphone I see what is shown in the first photo. Almost impossible to find anything. When I'm done with updating ROJ, cellphone users will see what is shown in the second photo.  Clicking on the red MENU button will display the full menu on the cellphone screen. It will be much easier for cellphone users to find the information they need on ROJ.

Screenshot_20181116-181515[1].png

Screenshot_20181116-181307[1].png

12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Screenshot_20181116-181307[1].png

Ronnie...very impressive.  I'm glad YOU know how to do this stuff...I certainly wouldn't know where to begin!  Thanks.

ROJ has a new look and now it works great on my phone, iPad and PC. Now I can easily access ROJ with my phone when I'm on the road. I hope it works for everyone else. If you have problems with the site let me know. 

ROJ is now plain, simple and to the point. Most of the stuff I called the "Library" is gone.  If you want to save any of that it will be here until the end of the month when it will be removed.

• Thanks 1

This morning I added a few articles back to the "More Info" menu that I had omitted .   The Select Sixty Story that Barney wrote is a great article that everyone should read. I also added articles, 1988 and 1989 Buick Reatta, 1990 Buick Reatta, and 1991 Buick Reatta to the menu.  The only things missing are the magazine articles and youTube videos that are hard to read on a cellphone and since they are photos they take up a lot of space on the ROJ server. I doubt anyone will miss them.

Most people go to ROJ to learn how to diagnose or repair their Reatta. That information will be there. Now you can find it easily with your cellphones. At least I can with mine. I hope others can to.

• Thanks 1

I don't know if you guys noticed but I also added a link in the ROJ menu to this forum. If you are stranded on the side of the road this forum and ROJ might come in handy.  If you can't get your Reatta going with the help you get here and on ROJ you probably need a tow truck. :)

5 hours ago, 2seater said:

I confess when I first saw this thread I was concerned you were giving up and I am glad that is not the case. I tried the ROJ on my phone which appears to work well, a big plus when away from a computer. Thanks a bunch.

Not giving up. Just downsizing a little and changing with the times. I'm happy to hear ROJ works on your phone.