Blank Gauge Cluster, no Error codes

ReattaEnthusiast00

Hello,

I recently purchased a 1991 Buick Reatta. It had some of the common issues I have read about, and I have started to fix them as I have had time. But today when I started it up, there was nothing on the Gauge Cluster. I am aware of the 00 error code, but not even that popped up. It is just a completely black screen. I allowed the car to run for awhile, and still nothing. It is a Digital Cluster, and I am hoping there is something I can do to fix it without having to replace the whole thing. Thanks!

Harry hit that ole nail on the head I am afraid.....Cold weather my be the current culprit - I have been driving my Select Sixty recently and sadly the IPC went black/blank the other day when I started the car.  Now it came right back and displayed appropriately, but I am expecting difficulty.  And I don't think usage or mileage (this car only has 46K origional  on the clock) has anything to do with it....as Harry above states - notorious .  Possibly the cold weather shrinks weak factory solder joints and causes an/the open - just an idea..............

*And finally (been years since happened) I am getting intermittent notifications of forum activity again - only reason I knew about Enthusiast's post - Yeaaaaa.....

Enthusiast - check with Jim Finn and see if he has a good IPC.  If not some electronic stores that have a repair department may be able to repair - sadly not inexpensive :(

Edited by nic walker (see edit history)