drink holder

bgl

Hello Reatta friends

I stumbled upon this.  It is custom-made for Allantes, but could possibly work for Reattas--about an inch too wide.  Comes in 4 colors.  Price is $59.  

I sent a message to them about making a Reatta drink holder, but it did not sound like it was in their plans.  So, maybe this could be made to fit decently.  

Looks great in the Allante.  

00Y0Y_7G13gGFeRu7_600x450.jpg

00u0u_imTAdhqhwvG_1200x900.jpg

7 hours ago, bgl said:

Hello Reatta friends

I stumbled upon this.  It is custom-made for Allantes, but could possibly work for Reattas--about an inch too wide.  Comes in 4 colors.  Price is $59.  

I sent a message to them about making a Reatta drink holder, but it did not sound like it was in their plans.  So, maybe this could be made to fit decently.  

Looks great in the Allante.  

00Y0Y_7G13gGFeRu7_600x450.jpg

00u0u_imTAdhqhwvG_1200x900.jpg

Is there a link to this vendor?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 4:41 PM, bgl said:

Hi Ronnie

It would not be a permanent mount.  It could be slid forward if so desired.  

Hi Guys, I purchased one of these for my 90 Convert and I am pleased. The Color match to my saddle interior is great;. Somewhere in this thread it was said that the bottom ears would be about an inch loose; i think its closer to a quarter inch and not a problem at all. Yes you have to slide it forward a little to open the latch but I drink more coffee than I open that latch. All-in-all I think it looks like it came with the car and its very functional.

Murray

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I for years have been using a boat style cup holder. If I have a drink I fold it over and us it. I fold it flat when not needed.I mounted it on the console on the passenger side at the fuse box opening. Never in the way or has to be moved. Yet there when I need it.

17 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

I for years have been using a boat style cup holder. If I have a drink I fold it over and us it. I fold it flat when not needed.I mounted it on the console on the passenger side at the fuse box opening. Never in the way or has to be moved. Yet there when I need it.

Dave, could you post a photo?

1 hour ago, jgiotto said:

Your ride looks really clean!

Thanks!  I think this photo was taken right after I gave the interior a good cleaning. The camera flash makes it look a lot shinier than it really is but it's not bad for 30 years old. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 4:41 PM, bgl said:

Hi Ronnie

It would not be a permanent mount.  It could be slid forward if so desired.  

Quick question, i have a 90 convert, would this unit allow access to the lighter so I could plug in my phone charger or radar detector?

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:22 PM, gtjr said:

Has anyone tried a Riviera arm rest with the built in cup holder? I think it was 91-93 production, only a single cup holder but is OEM and hides away.

I saw a photo once where someone had done exactly that. They took off the padded door on the console and just installed the other one (with the built in cup holder) in it's place.

I know this was about cup holders but it got slightly off course ......on extra power outlets for modern devices.   

Here is a picture of what I did for the 1990-91 style .....under the armrest storage area.     there is a little shelf on the back of these storage bins and that makes a good place to mount these extra outlets.

tap into power at the bottom of the existing cigar lighter,  it is on a 20 amp breaker and hot all the time.    The unit shown was purchased at Walmart at least 5 years back......there are even more option available today.

Also I did not modify my original liner........picked up one at the salvage yard out of a Riviera....you will note some white discoloration, I tried to scrub that off before starting....it may be paint.   Also if interested,  I have several good liners.

I will sell them for $10 each plus shipping (which might run $10 because of the size of box it needs)     The liner pull straight up out of the hole .......it also gives you access to the wiring in the console.   With the liner out,  I drilled holes for mounting screws and a hole for the power cord.   As you can see,  this unit has 3 12v power holes and 1  USB.    That gives me places to plug my phone, GPS, radar, and computer.

While looking for the picture of the storage compartment,  I found the pictures of a cup holder ........Target was selling them...the yellow knob adjust the gripper,  I used it for a while but it works like a charm in my '39 Buick....so that is its new home.

IMG_0029.JPG

DSCN0321.JPG

DSCN0322.JPG

• 6 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 1:55 PM, 88reattacoupe_Jr. said:

My father also makes a wood one for approximate the same amount. And you can also reach the buttons. Here is a search link for ebay. Reatta Cup Holders 

I have one of these, works perfectly, does not cover up the convenience outlet. I have the unfinished one, painted it blue to match the interior.

Edited by buickguy62
add'l info (see edit history)