NOS Front Rubber Mats - Green

Cornpanzers Riv

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Do you have the original box with part number? If so, I can look up an application for you. Judging by the cutouts on the driver`s side those look to be early `60`s or possibly even late `50`s.

Tom Mooney

Nice set. I had similar in my 67 Riviera.

Hey Tom, did they use green like this for the aqua interior or did they have aqua place mats? Specifically for 67 if you know.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Chimera said:

Nice set. I had similar in my 67 Riviera.

Hey Tom, did they use green like this for the aqua interior or did they have aqua place mats? Specifically for 67 if you know.

Thanks.

Hi Gabe,

Buick offered what they called "Aqua" carpet savers and handy mats for the `66-`67 full size models. In `68 they offered mats which they called "blue-teal",

Tom

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 11:37 AM, 1965rivgs said:

Do you have the original box with part number? If so, I can look up an application for you. Judging by the cutouts on the driver`s side those look to be early `60`s or possibly even late `50`s.

Tom Mooney

These mats aren't correct for '63-65 Riv.  I went to my garage today and took these photos of the dark green mats in my '65 Trim Code 620 Custom dark green interior:

As you can see, these original mats are a darker olive green than Cornpanzer's mats, but that may be due to the lighting in his photos. Also, although roughly similar in shape, the cutouts at the top of the driver's mat are quite different.

Here's the driver's mat from my '65:

image.png.288c2dc7ba49625cff4c70b928bd74fd.png

Here's the passenger mat:

image.png.b1acbb0e87fea05f64c4f2b57fea8804.png

I'm sure if someone needed a set original green front rubber mats, (which are very hard to find!) then Cornpanzer's mats would do very, very nicely.  And, most folks wouldn't know the difference unless they were able to closely compare these mats against a set of '63-'65 rubber mats.

Alex,

Your mats are correct for `65. I have also seen `65 mats whose Buick symbol is a lighter shade of the mat and NOT white like yours. I have a `65 Buick that is one owner and VERY original including a receipt from the Buick parts counter for a set of the mats on the day he picked up the car. This atypical mat, with the colored symbol, seems to re-occur on `65 cars. I suspect it may be a one year only version.

Tom

On 12/29/2018 at 8:20 PM, Whitecar65 said:

Hi there - can anyone say for certain that the green mats will fit a '65 Riviera?  Thanks.

Rick

Hi Rick,

I could measure my original mats if you want.

You can then ask Cornpanzers Riv to provide measurements of the mats he is selling. 

You then can know with some certainty if his mats would fit your '65.

Let me know.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:11 PM, 1965rivgs said:

Alex,

Your mats are correct for `65. I have also seen `65 mats whose Buick symbol is a lighter shade of the mat and NOT white like yours. I have a `65 Buick that is one owner and VERY original including a receipt from the Buick parts counter for a set of the mats on the day he picked up the car. This atypical mat, with the colored symbol, seems to re-occur on `65 cars. I suspect it may be a one year only version.

Tom

Hi Tom,

For your info, on my mats the Buick logo is not white, it is a very light shade of minty-green.  This accords with what you reported as having seen on other '65 mats.  

1 hour ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Hi Tom,

For your info, on my mats the Buick logo is not white, it is a very light shade of minty-green.  This accords with what you reported as having seen on other '65 mats.  

Bingo! Thanks for sharing that detail Alex,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...