4 note horn wiring on ‘63 Riviera

rodneybeauchamp

3 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi all,

would somone be able to post a picture of the position of the wiring for the 4 note horns on a ‘63. In particular where it all fits around the horns. 

Many thanks

Rodney ?????

Hi Rodney,

I will try to get out to where the Riv is stored and get you some pictures this morning.

Bill

9 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi all,

would somone be able to post a picture of the position of the wiring for the 4 note horns on a ‘63. In particular where it all fits around the horns. 

Many thanks

Rodney ?????

Hi Rodney,

I got some pics. Right or wrong this is what is on my car. 

Pic 1-Horn arrangement

Pic 2-Single wire connects to large horn 

Pic 3-Single wire from large horn goes to small horn and connects

Pic 4-Wire from small horn connector goes to firewall and runs along side of fender

Pic 5-Wire from small horn connects to connector on horn relay where blue wire was originally in stock horn set up

Pic 6-Small pig tail wire from end of 4-note horn wire connects to blue wire which runs to stock horns in grill

Hope this helps.

Bill 

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_4837.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG

IMG_4841.JPG

IMG_4842.JPG

12 hours ago, RivNut said:

If I remember correctly, Jim Cannon was making repo harnAesses for the 4 note horn option.  Once the horns are bolted to the frame of the hood, the wiring is all plug and play. 

Hi Ed,

my wiring is all there and working, but I was not sure where it all was secured. From what I can see, it all goes back to the firewall before it goes to the connector on the inner fender. Mine just seems a tad untidy, so hoping to see what it is supposed to look like.

15 hours ago, Riviera63 said:

Hi Rodney,

I got some pics. Right or wrong this is what is on my car. 

Pic 1-Horn arrangement

Pic 2-Single wire connects to large horn 

Pic 3-Single wire from large horn goes to small horn and connects

Pic 4-Wire from small horn connector goes to firewall and runs along side of fender

Pic 5-Wire from small horn connects to connector on horn relay where blue wire was originally in stock horn set up

Pic 6-Small pig tail wire from end of 4-note horn wire connects to blue wire which runs to stock horns in grill

Hope this helps.

Bill 

Hi Bill,

that sure does help. Perhaps I need a view from the grille looking toward the firewall to take it all in.

will give mine a tidy up.

2 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Rodney,

It just runs along the firewall and along the inner fender well. I just used any of the metal tabs on the firewall and the black plastic clam shell clamps on the fender well that hold other electrical wires to secure it. 

Bill

3 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Hi Ed,

my wiring is all there and working, but I was not sure where it all was secured. From what I can see, it all goes back to the firewall before it goes to the connector on the inner fender. Mine just seems a tad untidy, so hoping to see what it is supposed to look like.

Kinda like this... just follow the green wire

BDB1488B-9405-4DDB-AAD9-DFB1DD4431A0.jpeg