1967 Mercury Cougar

Trying to help out a friend who helped out his best friend. This car was in storage for the last 25 yrs and the owner who planned to restore it got in financial trouble recently and his best friend bought the car from him to help him out. He has asked me to help him sell it and it’s on my property right now.

the car is 98% original and has 57,xxx miles on it. It’s an autowith a 302. The car was originally purchased by a woman who towed a trailer so she had a hitch put on the back (remember when hitches on cars were common). The interior of the car is in very nice condition other than the bucket seat bottoms and the door armrests. The head liner looks like it was installed yesterday. The dash alllooks very good also. Supposedly the car was under a roof most all it’s life but some of that was just a carport. The last 25 yrs has been in a dry garage. The body is extremely straight and the only areas of rot is the very bottom of the passenger side rear quarter behind the tire and the front edge by the center point on the hood.The trunk looks super solid inside as do the doors and most other areas of the car though there is surface rust showing through the paint. Don’t know if the car was ever repainted. Headlight doors open/close as they should and I was told the sequential taillights work but are slow. Heater blower motor also works along with the wipers. The PO stripped the hood to stop the rust/rot on the front edge and surrounding areas and that is why it appears a different color. Car started right up and trans works but there’s no brakes so I didn’t drive the car. The PO changed the carb (original is included) but it’s not adjusted correctly and it bogs with a hard acceleration of pedal. The PO also told me the torque boxes will need repair which I understand is very common on these cars. Original hubcaps are also included. Doors close super solid with no sag and so does the hood and trunk lid. Windows crank up and down and no broken glass. Windows appear tinted but not sure if it’s a factory tint or not as I didn’t look that close but will investigate and answer questions from truly interested parties.

$5,700.

B4AFE63F-6345-4A05-89E5-D58AE286642D.jpeg

1A28C743-FD3D-421C-A374-E57082F73FFC.jpeg

6F6170C4-4B40-4AF9-87CE-364A82776D3D.jpeg

F52C697D-8901-4133-A83F-C28D50E1DDD9.jpeg

• 1 month later...