Joe Block

Mileage Award Program AACA

I was wondering who has  participate in this program. And which  awards you received.   As I read it: at 2000 document miles you recieve your first award.

• Like 1

Hi Joe, I've put over 17000 miles on my 68  camaro in the Mileage Program. 2000 for the first submission,  then 5000 for each following. You get a badge to which you attach the mileage pins. 

As far as I know, Sherm Carey is still in charge of the program and can answer your questions. There is a contract link for him on the AACA website. 

Edited by Phillip Cole (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I haven't signed up for either the AACA or CCCA mileage programs.  I have three active tour cars:  1918, 1930, and 1934 Pierce-Arrows, so the total annual mileage gets spread among the three.

I think those organizations should consider weighting the miles for the age of the cars: the Pierce-Arrow Society does this for its annual longest-driven-distance-to-annual-meet award by multiplying the miles by the age in years of the car.  Thus, a 1918 car driven 1,000 one-way miles to a meet gets 1,000 miles x 100 years = 100,000 points, and the 1934 covering the same distance gets 1,000 miles x 84 years = 84,000 points.  A 50-year old non-Pierce would get 50,000 points by the same scheme.

That said, I put 1,500 miles on my 1918 Pierce on three tours during a four-week period early Sept to early Oct, which MAY be a rough equivalent of 17,000 miles in a 1968 auto of any make.

I'll bet some of the contestants keep track of their fastest times on computer Solitaire, too....  just sayin'.....  :-)

• Like 1

I did sign up for the mileage awards. I am now waiting to hit 5000 miles before I send the documents in. Almost all the mileage has been documented in the Buick Forum "Raise your hand if you drove an old Buick this weekend" Bought the car July 1 2017 with 18,500 miles and she is mostly all original. It now has 23,3XX miles. Might just have to wait till next year to send in the papers as I am putting her away next week for the winter. P.S. Drove her to the Gettysburg Meet and did all the tours and the show, she even surprised us and took a First Award Junior! The car has been a wonderful driver and garners quite a bit of attention. I think the Black and Red color scheme make the car pop. 

IMG_2770.JPG

fullsizeoutput_56e7.jpeg

IMG_5430.JPG

• Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 12:14 AM, Grimy said:

I haven't signed up for either the AACA or CCCA mileage programs.  I have three active tour cars:  1918, 1930, and 1934 Pierce-Arrows, so the total annual mileage gets spread among the three.

I think those organizations should consider weighting the miles for the age of the cars: the Pierce-Arrow Society does this for its annual longest-driven-distance-to-annual-meet award by multiplying the miles by the age in years of the car.  Thus, a 1918 car driven 1,000 one-way miles to a meet gets 1,000 miles x 100 years = 100,000 points, and the 1934 covering the same distance gets 1,000 miles x 84 years = 84,000 points.  A 50-year old non-Pierce would get 50,000 points by the same scheme.

That said, I put 1,500 miles on my 1918 Pierce on three tours during a four-week period early Sept to early Oct, which MAY be a rough equivalent of 17,000 miles in a 1968 auto of any make.

I'll bet some of the contestants keep track of their fastest times on computer Solitaire, too....  just sayin'.....  ?

I agree with you. There needs to be an "age scale", instead of making all cars drive the same amount of miles. The purpose of the AACA program is to put old cars on the road, so I guess your idea wasn't thought through. 

About first award 1919 and earlier 1000 miles, 1920's 

2000 miles, 1930's 3000, 1940' 4000, 1950's and later 5000, just throwing out ideas.