Roger Brewer

1950 Buick unrestored gem

Recommended Posts

1950 Super Dynaflow for sale.    Automatic.  Straight 8.   I'm the second owner.  I bought it off the original owners family 

in 1990 I believe .    Been garage stored all of its life.   Interior is perfect.  Body has no rust but a few scratches ,. Bumpers need re chromed .  Runs and drives but I haven't drove it for a couple years.   Original bill of sale and build sheets.  Color is bluish green , 4 door,  everything is all original, it originally had a rubber floor mat in the front and the back had carpet, back carpet is excellent, front rubber mat is gone it had broken into pieces years ago    Contact me at rlbrewer1953@gmail.com or Phone or Text  304-290-3962 and leave a message.

7500.00 .    

50 buick 2.JPG

50 buick 3.JPG

50 buick 6.JPG

Buick9.JPG

buick7.JPG

Buick8.JPG

image.jpeg

Edited by Roger Brewer (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a photo, and a location? Two door or four? Color? Just a few important thing that most buyers want to know. Thanks.

 

 

 

MUCH BETTER!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning 

the bill of sale and title says 1950 , So that’s what I was going by 

Thanks. 

You were right the plate says 51 and the bill of sale does also , the serial numbers match the title that says it's a 1950 I posted a pic of it.    

The owner had the car painted when he bought it , the owners daughters in law told me that apparently he didn't like the factory color.      Wish they could paint cars like that now.  

Edited by Roger Brewer (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Roger Brewer said:

Good Morning 

the bill of sale and title says 1950 , So that’s what I was going by 

Thanks. 

You were right the plate says 51 and the bill of sale does also , the serial numbers match the title that says it's a 1950 I posted a pic of it.    

The owner had the car painted when he bought it , the owners daughters in law told me that apparently he didn't like the factory color.      Wish they could paint cars like that now.  

A 1951 model manufactured & sold in 1950, hence 1950 title

The body serial number is low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps a Buick expert or two will jump in here and opine for me:  How unusual is to have the factory install rubber flooring in the cockpit and carpet in the rear passenger area?  Do not know that I have ever run across such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The front rubber section is normal for Specials and Supers, Roadmasters received full carpet.  In a way, the rubberized section for it's day and now - is more practical than carpet.  In my 2015 F150, I purchased the well liners, my carpet won't see the light of day! 

 

As noted they crack and get brittle. I wonder if they are remanufactured by someone? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, edinmass said:

How about a photo, and a location? Two door or four? Color? Just a few important thing that most buyers want to know. Thanks.

 

 

 

MUCH BETTER!

 

Pics clearly show it to be a 4 Door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 3:45 PM, D Yaros said:

Perhaps a Buick expert or two will jump in here and opine for me:  How unusual is to have the factory install rubber flooring in the cockpit and carpet in the rear passenger area?  Do not know that I have ever run across such.

even pontiacs in the 1950s that weren't the catalina hardtop or convertible would have a rubber front floor mat, and carpet in the rear floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pontiac1953 said:

even pontiacs in the 1950s that weren't the catalina hardtop or convertible would have a rubber front floor mat, and carpet in the rear floor.

Well, I was around at that point in time and just do not recall ever seeing such.  All the Oldsmobiles we had  (48, 52, 53) never had such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pontiac 53 is correct. I have a 1953 Pontiac Deluxe myself and that definitely had a black rubber floor mat in the front and carpet in the rear. I have had a few early 1950's Oldsmobile 88s with the same set-up. Might have been that way on the lower line models and the higher priced Super 88s, 98s, Supers and Roadmasters had front & rear carpet as standard equipment. There used to be swap meet vendors with piles of aftermarket rubber floor mats available in long boxes (ACE was one aftermarket supplier, there were probably others) sometimes even in various colors but I don't see many anymore. I guess even the replacements have cracked and succumbed to age. Might be very difficult to find an original NOS GM front floormat exactly like the original. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now