ROA members....does anybody recognize this 64 Riviera or know anything about it

MY64RIVIERA

I'm the former owner of a 64 Riviera and am currently looking to purchase another 64' Riviera for sale in Texas from a dealer called TripleFAutomotive.  It appears the original owner may have been a member of the Riviera Owners Association as the car has a window sticker and a tag hanging from the dash.  I'm trying to find more information about the car.  It appears to be well taken care of and all original (minus aftermarket cruise control)  I've researched and requested additional photos on the Fisher Body plate, engine code stamp and transmission.  It appears to be a numbers matching vehicle.  Something weird is going on with the odometer.  The odometer almost looks like it's been tampered with or the numbers are faded on it.  Just weird.  If anybody knows this Rivi....fire away!!

https://www.triplefautomotive.com/inventory/184/1964-buick-riviera  

Thanks!

I've been to Triple F Automotive, having attended their annual get together for local car clubs to tour their facility. All the cars

they sell are nice.......no junk, just very nicely restored cars. the car you are looking at looks like a really nice car.

Correct....it's an aftermarket cruise that was installed, not original cruise offered as an option (dealer disclosed as such when we talked live on the phone).  The turn signal on the column is a modern one with the cruise built in.  Looks to be from a mid-80's Riviera.  

looks like a GS engine so that is good, but not the nicest that is for sure I noticed some of the things that the previous posts have said but here are my observations

funky exhaust

needs front hood adjustment

has crap tires and hubcaps

no trunk light

bad trunk lining

no spare tire holder

no spare tire cover and board

has overspray

rear trunk fit too tight

no hood insulation

non original horns

non stock funky looking rear seat divider

poorly recovered seats, and did white seats come with black carpet??

broken glove box hinge

blue oil pan

NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that "integrated" interior is just like the interior in my 63 - white seats, headliner, and door panels coordinated with black carpet, dash, packge tray, and steering wheel.  At least my exterior is black.  Sadly, white seats were complemented with black.

Well, now that it's been picked apart, I would have to say that it's a pretty nice driver that a new owner can piddle with at his discretion, plus drive at the same time. As far as A/C is concerned, it is a perfect Vintage Air candidate. Lose the glasspacks and raised white letter tires; tires like this just look out of place on an elegant car like the 1st Gen Riv, at least to me. Nice different hubcaps are readily available, the rear seat stuff in the middle can be put back stock, and the aftermarket cruise and switch can be put back stock as well, if they so wished. The horns look like the set on my 65, only either painted or buffed to a different finish, again no biggie especially if they work. The trunk liner looks fine to me; put the spare and tools back where they are supposed to go, find a trunk lamp, and maybe some new cardboard trim. Detail it out, and there you go!

2 hours ago, dr914 said:

looks like a GS engine so that is good, but not the nicest that is for sure I noticed some of the things that the previous posts have said but here are my observations

funky exhaust

needs front hood adjustment

has crap tires and hubcaps

no trunk light

bad trunk lining

no spare tire holder

no spare tire cover and board

has overspray

rear trunk fit too tight

no hood insulation

non original horns

non stock funky looking rear seat divider

poorly recovered seats, and did white seats come with black carpet??

broken glove box hinge

blue oil pan

NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, the white interior came with black carpet from the factory.  Crap tires?  Yes!  Crap hubcaps?  Not really. These are the correct standard hubcaps for this car.  I guess it is a matter of personal taste if you want to upgrade to the wire wheel covers or the turbines.  You can see that the spare tire anchor is under the material.  A quick cut and you can put the tire up where it belongs.  

Edited by Pat Curran
update content (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, bodayguy said:

Tough choice. In general, I think silver is a great color for first-gen cars, especially 63-64s. Much better than the baby blue. However, a KX car is just going to be a bit more valuable, despite the inconsistencies.

Agreed on value but the items mentioned are easily remedied.  But, the silver car is already there in certain aspects and silver is  good color on these cars. And the silver car has that rare rear arm rest.  Given the choice, I'd take the silver one. ?

OK Riviera People: The higher the price the more ya wanna pick it apart. Price 'em on the money and they're gone in 72 hours.  Wanna wait then ya might be able to get more....very little more. Now, if the seller totes the note then, name your price.  There was a really good 64 on the ebay i was droolin' for sold for $9,900 a few months ago but mama says , NO MORE CARS".  Mitch

Edited by lrlforfun (see edit history)

Between the two of them the silver has more appeal in my eye, that robins egg blue not for me no matter what's under the hood...hope the pinstripes are stick-on,  both are drivers..Maybe I'm out to lunch what these cars sell for but the silver car has it's first digit off by a notch and even then I think would be asking all the money and then s

ome. That dutch oven spray under the trunk liner makes me wonder ,  There's always a surprise after it arrives... Radiator, suspension...Something$$$...going to take some doing to get the engine area sorted out , does the A/C work...if not that could be some money..

ENJOY THE HUNT!   Steve