Family photo, ~'33 Royale

ersatzS2

It’s obviously a 1931...........?

You can tell by only one clue.........AJ, you own one, so you should figure it out.......I may be mistaken, but don’t think so.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, ersatzS2 said:

Mother in law just surfaced this family photo.  What is interesting is that this is pre-war Italy.  Would'nt have thought REO would have european distribution in the 30's?  Wonder what it would've cost then, likely a princely sum...

My greatgrandfather and grandfather in Belgium … he drove his Reo all over Europe

Reo 001.jpg

Reo 009.jpg

Edited by ReoRoyale835 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 3:57 PM, edinmass said:

It’s obviously a 1931...........?

You can tell by only one clue.........AJ, you own one, so you should figure it out.......I may be mistaken, but don’t think so.

Edinmass: I am curious... among a group of Royale owners, there appears to be no concensus on what is the difference of 1931 and 1932 models. Some say the door handles... I have no clue. Can you elaborate on that? 

Thanks,

Victor

Edited by v.milke (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So AJ, is it possible the horns were added later once the 32s came out and the original owner updated the look, or possibly it was build late 31 and the factory did the update as they were going to be changed for the 32 model year?  To bad the original records on these cars have all been but lost.  I am also curious as to what ED was referring to. 

• Like 1