Allentown Swap

grubin

Can anyone give me information about this indoor swap. While at Hershey I was speaking to the guys at the bumper boys about their show schedule. They said they go to Allentown in January but no longer a few in the spring. 

Is it worth an overnight trip to go Any information would be appreciated 

5 hours ago, John348 said:

I was there a few years ago, I live about 100 miles away and never been back, it really did not offer much. That same weekend there is an indoor swap meet in Springfield Mass, that too is really not anything special

Hi, John.  Likewise I was there around 2007 or so with our old friend Ron Flory.  Spent about 30 minutes then left.  Nothing of interest unless you are into Chinese tools, modern electrical fittings, polishing supplies, etc.  May have changed however I doubt it.

Regards,

Peter J.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just came upon this -- and will enlighten you about what Automaniac in Allentown, the third week of January, is all about.....

First of all, it is full to the brim with a waiting list of vendors wanting to get in.... With real Carlisle vendors .... There are NO beanie babies, sunglasses,  and garage sale / garbage...

While it is not the size of Carlisle or Hershey, it is the biggest indoor

(Critical in January) event in the Northeast --- and far, far better than the Big E in Springfield, Mass., Which is the same weekend, sadly.

A ton of people come through the doors, the heat in the building is beautiful ( I store coats for people while they are there.), And it is a great opportunity to get out and about such that you don't have "cabin fever".

We marvel at how many people walk through there with their heads up their you-know-whats.... And DON'T see the mountains of NON-chinese tools....

I (and fellow vendors I know there) have 100 % Automotive Parts -- and a lot of N.O.S. U.S.A. made (DELCO for G M , FOMOCO for Ford , and Autolite and MOPAR for Mopar)...

I have orders called in every year for people who ARE doing winter projects.... And I look forward to it every year....

Remember, you get out of something what you put into it -- so for those who make negative comments about an event that is more than acceptable to thousands..... Maybe you should get your head out of your you-know-what and PAY ATTENTION to what you are walking past as you are busy stuffing your face......

Just sayin'.....

• Thanks 1

Any photos?  Any early pre-war stuff?  I'm familiar with the fairgrounds and it could be a good venue, especially with all that great food next door in the market.

Terry

8 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

Any early pre-war stuff? 

Not unless it's pre-war Chinese. Also lots of knock off tools, buffing supplies, key rings, hats, toys  and a guy that will embroider any logo you want on a shirt.................Bob