Recognize this dash panel w/gauges? Automotive?

lump

Do you recognize this dash panel with SW gauges? I got it long ago at an estate auction of an old car guy. 

At first I thought it might be from a boat, or an old hot rod. But that tach only goes to 5,000 rpm. And the plywood body doesn't seem to make sense for any marine equipment. I note that it has an engine hours gauge included. 

Hmmm... Any ideas? 

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

5 hours ago, oily rag said:

No speedo or fuel gauge indicates a stationary unit or heavy equipment. The lever on the right is for a rod not a cable. The hour meter voltage  could help.

You are correct. I completely missed the no speedo!

6 hours ago, oily rag said:

No speedo or fuel gauge indicates a stationary unit or heavy equipment. The lever on the right is for a rod not a cable. The hour meter voltage  could help.

Wow, you know I missed that too! Very observant, OilyRag. Thanks for that! 

If it's boat then make sure the life vest's are ready..

If it's industrial make sure the fire extinguisher is charged...

Scary !

Actually this brings back old memories looking at that homemade jobber...

We used to do a lot of sand blasting with an ancient tag along IR compressor. The controls that the owner put together on that thing were frightening to say the least (Oh how I long for the days when OSHA wasn't so cool) but year after year we got it done one bridge at a time. Without fail it kept up with everything we threw at it. Now it just sits in the old yard but I'm sure with a bit of coaxing she would fire right up again but you can bet the fire extinguisher would be much closer this time around...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)