TA Performance headers

70rivme

2 hours ago, 70rivme said:

Is anyone running TA Stage 1 headers on their second gen Riviera? Satisfied, dissatisfied, fitment issues, performance or different ideas for coatings? Appreciate any info or insight. Thanks all!

Yes, very satisfied, ceramic coating is recommended. Very tight fit on the passenger side, so try your best to not scratch it much during install. BTW, TA exhaust is awesome. But no room for the H-tube with the Riviera X-frame

978F398C-5901-4506-8665-71D283CAB952.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey @RoadShark, how much massaging of the header tubes did you have to do to make them fit? Would a different gear box swap/upgrade at the same time get you the required real estate to get them in without a massage you think? Sorry for the long winded questions, just want to get my project sorted out with some insight before I just jump in.

On 11/7/2018 at 12:42 PM, 70rivme said:

Hey @RoadShark, how much massaging of the header tubes did you have to do to make them fit? Would a different gear box swap/upgrade at the same time get you the required real estate to get them in without a massage you think? Sorry for the long winded questions, just want to get my project sorted out with some insight before I just jump in.

I'm not an expert on what's available for steering boxes, but I think all bolt-in boxes, regardless of ratio, will have the same external dimensions.

I had to heat the headers up with a torch and pound a clearance dent in them where they contacted the steering box ear.