Sign in to follow this  
nick8086

Any one see this ?

It is over priced for around here. My guess is they are hard to find over there. You want it, $10,800 dollars. I have a bunch of parts for sale, no fender lights, someone bought my last good set.:( There is a picture of them floating around here some where.⬆️

I admire them every day Xander, when I walk by the Hudson in the Garage.  So glad you had the ornament surround/ bezel as well.  Once I installed it with the NOS insert,  you wouldn't believe the number of people that have taken a picture of just that.  Sure looks a world better than the hack of a rechrome one that was on there with the faded cracked up insert. 

I found a 47 Commodore Conv't 40 miles from me in really good shape for sale,  but couldn't convince the owner to trade for my 40 Ford Coupe.  It has been off the road for decades has a stuck valve and clutch,  plus I'm sure the brakes are shot as well as the equally aged tires.  The chrome is in really nice shape as is the paint and interior.  Too bad.  Would have been a nice stable mate for the Big Boy. 

I think the 40G asking price is a bit optimistic for the car with all the known and unknown problems.  They even worked on it 2 years ago,  but couldn't fi the problems then so they aren't minor. 

Quality bright work makes a big difference. Glad your truck is getting all the attention. A few 46-47 Hudson convertibles have popped up lately. good looking cars. If it is a Commodore, it will have a power top. You can bet the top cylinders/pump/hoses will need to be gone through. Cheapest part about these cars is buying them, all money after that point. You really have to love these old cars, to devote so much to them. This is a very good project car if someone is looking for a 54, it is just down the road from me. Nice convertible to start with.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Hudson-Hornet-Hornet/173625603869?hash=item286ce4771d:g:H1gAAOSwcWJb4ILA:rk:1:pf:0&vxp=mtr

I posted a craigslist one a few weeks back in Seattle $4,300? Great buy on that one. They are out there, just need cash in hand, and a sharp eye on the market. A desire to own one helps a lot to.:lol: